Dear Mr Highwayman
Please take note of the following points and act accordingly:
1. When you set up a contraflow system, give me plenty of warning you are about to divert a lane so that I have time to pull into the correct lane in order to get off the motorway at my usual junction
2. At the NEXT junction, bearing in mind I just missed my usual exit place due to lack of road signage, don’t stick up a BIG sign saying WORK ACCESS right next to the exit. This will confuse me
3. At least give me some idea where to get off now, I don’t want to go North but that’s what the next exit says
3. Don’t fill the whole road up with an array of cones, misleading signs and trucks. It’s not an obstacle course, it’s a motorway
Oh, and going back to the time I was returning from my holiday late at night the other week:
4. Don’t decide to close a slip road that I want to get off at and omit to tell me the junction beforehand so I have to go MILES and MILES out of my way to get back to where I wanted to be
5. Hurry up and finish these bloody road works! I am developing cone-phobia and an intense hatred of signs
Mrs Angry from Essex
I think that should sort it
What is it with these people that they don’t have the decency to pre-warn… and then give you attitude if you express your displeasure. NOT happy Jan!
We’re so there in America too. We had a bad gasoline tanker disaster one exit down from us… 6 weeks ago. We’re still operating at one lane.
They are widening the whole motorway that circles London…..it’s major work and it’s been going on FOREVER. And I swear they wait until they know I am going to be on a certain stretch of it and whisk out the cones!