Tag Archives: self help
Accentuate the positive3 Comments
I thought I’d post up a little self help blog……It’s just based on how I do it, it’s not anything more than that but, since I AM a happy person, I thought I’d share some of my secrets
1. Look for the good in everything and everyone. It’s not always easy, in fact often it can be damn hard. But, if you look you will nearly always find……believe me, it’s true
2. Turn a negative into a positive. Again, sometimes this can seem impossible. I’ll give you an example. My hubby died in 2004. Pretty upsetting, eh? But, much as I didn’t want him to, I have been able to do so many things I would not otherwise have done………my life has ‘opened up’, new possibilities have presented themselves and I have found a new ‘me’
3. Dance!! Dancing is good for the soul. It gets the blood pumping, it gets the adrenalin going and it triggers endorphins – our feel good chemical. You don’t have to be good at it – just fling yourself about!
4. Don’t worry about stuff. Again, I know that’s not easy. And of course I worry about some things. But not the silly things or things that are out of my control – worrying about something never made it go away and it never fixed it
5. Have happy friends. They lift you up when you are down – I have loads of happy friends
6. Pretend you are happy when you aren’t. That way, people will want to know you and you will make those happy friends I mentioned above – and so the cycle will continue! I don’t mean it isn’t good to talk about your problems ever but sometimes, putting on a front helps you to lift yourself up
7. Look after yourself. Don’t neglect yourself, you will only feel worse – a hairdo, a facial, a trip to the shops or anything you enjoy. It all helps
8. Care about others. If you look out for others, not only will you realise how small your own problems are, but you will feel so much better, knowing you have made someone else feel good
9. Listen to music. It’s uplifting (well, unless you listen to Marilyn Manson/Leonard Cohen/Slipknot/Morrissey or anything by Cliff Richards)
10. DRINK LOTS OF WINE!!!! Ok, that one isn’t really a recommendation. Just a joke. Jokes are good though, laughing is good – See the funny side of things and LAUGH AT YOURSELF!!!
Well, that’s the ‘Flossiefrufru 10 Steps to Happiness’
You can disagree and I acknowledge that these things take practise and effort sometimes but it works for me, so I stand by all of them!!!
YOUR LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT