Well, after spending most of the night awake, pondering on a topic to write about for a whole year (yes, I really did spend half the night thinking about this!) I have decided that the topic I am going to write about for a whole year is
I have chosen this theme for several reasons
1. I find the whole topic of motivation fascinating. My job means I teach motivational techniques to help my clients think about change and it never ceases to amaze me how powerful these motivational tools can be or how much can be achieved when the motivation is there
2. Despite the above, I sometimes find it very hard to motivate myself. This blog is an example of where I have flagged and lost some of my drive to write. The 365 project inspired me to try and stick at something for a whole year so, what better topic to write about than motivation? I’m hoping it will inspire me to keep up with my blog!
3. I am trying very hard to become fitter and healthier this year. I am hoping a daily reminder to stay motivated will encourage me to keep at it!
4. I can incorporate sketches and photos if I am inspired, something I really want to do more of this year as part of my resolution to start being more creative again
5. I can get away with writing a post saying very little if I can’t be arsed and say I just didn’t have the motivation that day! The perfect get out!!
If you are intrigued by what I might write about over the coming months, well so am I!
I have no idea where this will take me but I hope it will be a bit of a voyage of discovery for me and possibly for my readers!!
Pingback: Motivation & Abraham Lincoln: Day 24 of Project 365 « Writer's Code
Pingback: Day 4: Project 365 Photo | ♥ Project 365 ♥ Challenge ♥
Pingback: Day 3: Project 365 ~ Photo | ♥ Project 365 ♥ Challenge ♥
I can incorporate sketches and photos if I am inspired, something I really want to do more of this year as part of my resolution to start being more creative again– Keep on blogging and I will visit each day to see how well you do..Motivation is such a great topic. I had a blog years ago on “Staying Positive 24/7” but never kept it up. Come on over to my blog and I will be adding wonderful creative photo’s I hope. ♥Jackie
Hi, This really seems to be taking off, which is great! I’ll come and visit you soon! Thank you 🙂
Pingback: On the Unknown with Kathleen Norris & the New Year: Day 1 of Project 365 « Writer's Code
Pingback: Inspired by project 365 | ♥ Project 365 ♥ Challenge ♥
Well, good luck!
I really don’t think I could go with one theme, unless it was random.
What I like about blogging, as opposed to journalism, is being able to write about what ever pops into my head at that moment.
And the blogs I enjoy most (hint, hint) are ones that are diverse.
Anyway, nice to see you back at the keyboard.
Happy New Year.
Well, it’s funny you should say that because that is what I like about blogging too, the fact I have this freedom to write about anything and everything. BUT…..I think I’ve cracked it with this topic.. It is VERY broad. And it doesn’t say that EVERY post has to be part of the project…..AND…it is still my blog so, if I do get bored half way through..so what? I can still write what I like, when I like. Don’t worry…there will still be plenty of random-ness here!!! :))
I like the idea that you might be able to get away with less: A pithy saying can often be very motivating! I’m all for being motivated in the easiest way possible! 😉
I have loads of ideas, some involving posts and some with just a one-liner so I am hoping I’ll do this!